The Centre for Resilience hosted its first event regarding resilience on 22nd June 2016 at the BRE Innovation Park at Ravenscraig. This event raised awareness of resilience, outlining the various types and expanding into further information and case study examples for each.
The event’s programme covered the following areas:
- Resilience – the challenges and the means to manage risks: Dr Stephen Garvin, BRE
- Climate resilience:
- Extreme wind events and resilience of assets: Dr Andy Dengel, BRE
- Tackling overheating in urban dwellings: Dr Andy Dengel, BRE
- Flood resilient repair of property: Dr Stephen Garvin, BRE
- Resilient futures:
- Mapping and evaluating community resilience: David Bowers, BRE
- Energy resilience: Scott Meadows, BRE
- Security resilience: Bob Stephens, BRE
- Measuring Resilience – the city index: Richard Look, Buro Happold
- Resilience workshops: World Café
- Tour of the Innovation Park
A summary report on the findings of the event is available below.
For more information on this event, please contact Matt Barker (email@example.com) or Stephen Garvin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or alternatively call 01355 576200 to speak to them directly.